Tuesday 18 January 2011

Journal Entry 48, Title: Boot Soles

When I see the words: “If you want me again look for me under your boot soles.”, I think of dirt. I think that when you look under your boot soles, you will find dirt, and I think Walt Whitman meant that he belongs to the earth, and he will go back to it when he dies, so the earth can represent him. If you look for him, his spirit will always be in the earth. I think Walt Whitman thought of himself as someone that is closely bounded with nature. He comes from the earth, and he will return to the earth after he dies. I think that he also meant that he will be with you where ever you go, he will be omnipresent. I think the writer is influenced by Romanticism, that’s why he favors the nature and woods. I think the poem is very good, it showed the traditional Romanticism qualities. 


No comments:

Post a Comment