Wednesday 5 January 2011

Journal Entry 43, Title: I Dare You

Personally, I think dares are kind of stupid. Some people think their fun, but their only fun when you’re not the one being dared. One of the times that I remember myself being dared was when I was in 6th grade. My “friend” dared me to kick a hard looking pipe; I didn’t lose my wits at that time so I said NO. But then my friend said the most famous and deadly sentence (except it’s the Chinese version): “Are you a chicken?”, and so I tried kicking the pipe, and it exploded, spraying water everywhere. When I went back to the classroom, the teacher told me to stand in the corner till it’s time to go home. I stood for about 4 to 5 hours. Obviously, taking a dare does not give you anything good, if you don’t take a dare, you’re a chicken, but if you take a dare, it still doesn’t prove that you’re not a chicken, and you get many undesirable consequences. I never really dared anyone to do anything, but people nowadays are too smart to take a dare. They don’t even get affected when you say they are a chicken, they just shrug and walk away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment