Wednesday 23 March 2011

On Impulse


Being a person who doesn’t really think before he acts, I often do things on impulse. When I’m in elementary school, I was often tempted by my fellow “good friends” to do something that they promised would be “cool”. Of course I gave what they said a try, and paid heavily for it. One time in sixth grade, my friend asked me if I could kick an iron pipe on the wall and actually turn it in another way. I was reluctant to try because I feared that I would get into trouble (past experiences), but then my friends said it would be fun, and plus I’m a chicken if I don’t do it. So I did it, and the pipe broke, and water sprayed everywhere. As a reward, the teacher gave me the privilege to stand on the side of the classroom for the entire day. After that incident, I began to think more before I act. I always picture possible consequences before I do something I’m not really sure about doing. You can often see people that committed crimes on impulse on the news. Those people are usually very regretful of what they’ve done.


No comments:

Post a Comment