Monday 11 October 2010

Journal Entry 13: Fear as a motivation

Yes, I agree fear is often a motivation for people to do things. In most companies, the employees often do their work because their scared that they will get fired if they don’t do their work. Many students do their work because there are scared that they will be punished if they don’t do their homework. Another example is me and my mom. I usually do what she tells me because she’s going to get mad, and fear is what motivates me to do what she tells me. Because of fear, we are less likely to be injured, because we wear a helmet out of the fear of injuring themselves when do certain activities. Without fear, we might not remember to wear a helmet, because we are not thoughtful of the consequences. We may not enjoy the feeling of fear, but we must admit, without fear, we will be more likely to be injured.

No comments:

Post a Comment