Thursday 30 September 2010

Theme of “World in Hounding Me”

The theme of the poem is that the people in the world usually value outside appearances more than the inside values. They care more about what they look like, or what other people look like, rather than what they have on the outside. “How can it harm you if I choose, astutely, rather to stack my mind with things of beauty, than waste its stack on very beauty’s claim?” This sentence was from the poem lines two to five, I think this sentence most clearly described the theme of this poem. I think the poem’s theme is based on the author’s frustration and annoyance at how the world works. She may be annoyed by the fact that many people are shallow. I only slightly agree to her point of view, because the world has many people, not just the people who judge people by their appearances. If I were to write a poem on a similar topic, my theme would probably be a little similar to the author’s, but not as extreme.  

No comments:

Post a Comment