Wednesday 8 September 2010

Material Possessions

Lots of materials in our possession are essential to our daily life. We use them every day, and we are so used to them that sometimes we don’t think about their existence, but our life won’t be the same without them. Many people never imagine how they will live if their house burns down, and only after they lost their possessions they realize how important they are to them. My computer, for instance, is a very important possession that I have. Without it, I won’t be able to do homework, and all the entertainment it gives me will be gone. If my house ever burns down, I think the things that are hardest to lose are my computer and violin. One reason is that they mean a lot to me, and another is because they’re expensive. On the other hand, my possessions that are easiest to lose are mostly replaceable things. Things like my books and my old clothes. There are a lot of things we can live without, like the piles of books stacked in the attic, but when we lose certain things, we will experience a big change in our life. I think something that I can’t live without is my computer, because people’s lives in the modern society are closely bounded with electronic devices. For many people, living without a computer is like living without oxygen, and one day without checking Facebook feels like two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment