Monday 22 November 2010

Journal Entry 31, Title: A Realistic View of Life

Do young people adjust their dreams or expectations to fit reality as they get older? I think they do. One specific example is from my own experience. When I was little, just like every other kid, I believed in Santa Claus. I used to think that when I’m asleep, Santa will come down into our house from my chimney and put presents under the Christmas tree. I didn’t even know that the chimney in my house doesn’t link to the outside, so no living thing can get in or out my house by the chimney. I think I was less idealistic than I was before, I think I’m more realistic. I just assume that Santa Claus exists without thinking how it exists, but now, I use some reasons to prove that Santa Claus does not exist. The realization that I will eventually grow up and have control over our own life urged me to develop a more realistic view. Developing this view does not offer comfort, but having this view is important. One of the advantages of having a realistic view is that you will become more responsible, independent, and not have to depend on other people like a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment